Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Unfair Love

All the persons of faith I know are sinners, doubters, uneven performers. We are secure not because we are sure of ourselves but because we trust that God is sure of us.

"...I know Christ loves me, but I'm not sure he likes me..."


God's love and grace is not fair...so our love and grace should not be fair. Right? God loved us while we were still sinners (Rom 5:8). Christ continued to pray for those who were hanging him even while they jeered at and spit on him. I have lived much of my life surrounded by the walls of my pain and never allowing anyone inside. It took the best man I know to tear those walls down and help me to live completely open to the storms, but I was also open to the sun and the beauty that surrounds us.

It pains me to see so many people in this world living behind their walls because they are afraid of being hurt again. I don't know what it would take to tear those walls down except for them to see someone living the life unhindered and free. Authentic lives as E put it. Because we all are hurt in some way, it doesn't matter how or to what extreme. The simple fact that we all hurt places us all on equal footing. We all are broken and we all need each other. I hope that I can continue to live my life free with arms wide open no matter what may come.

No comments: