Sunday, April 19, 2009

Awesome Day

I am so glad it rained today!!! I woke up this morning and laid in bed thinking about the people that I had hurt and wondering why it is often harder to forgive yourself than someone else (at least I think it is). I got up and set on with my day and while at church it started pouring down rain. I went out and starting helping people inside with my umbrella and got soaked. As I was walking into the service a few songs came to mind (Imagine Me, Washed by the Water), and I began to think how often we look at a rainy day as dreary and depressing. Yet I think that we forget that the water is there to wash away the junk on the earth. That God can use the storms in our lives to wash away our false selves and help us to see who we are underneath, loved and cherished children of the God in heaven.

I was speaking with a good friend of mine over the weekend at Rivers & Spires and he asked me how I was. Not the kind that you make to people in passing and don't really want a true answer. He was genuinely interested in how I was doing. Praise God that I could answer fantastic. I truly have been washed by the water of the last year and I can see now that I have been able to come out clean on the other side and have a hunger and passion for God that I have not felt in a very, very long time.

Think about it the next time that it rains, think about what you need washed away and praise God that He is giving us the opportunity to be cleansed everyday.

1 comment:

Nate Edmondson said...

Good post. Hearing your testimony really does strengthen my faith, and I need that! Thanks dude!