Monday, April 6, 2009

God Loves You! We often hear this phrase, but do we truly understand the implications of it? The God and Creator of the universe is IN LOVE with us. I think that we, as a body of Christ, have lost sight of how amazingly awesome it is to have a God that desires us. Have you ever seen an extremely beautiful sunset? Did you stop to think that God may have just stuck it up in the sky for you. For no other reason than He wanted to give you a gift and remind you that He is there and He loves you.

I'm amazed when I stop to think that God gives us one more breath and wakes us up each morning just so that He could love us one more day. And yet how often do we go through our days without spending a single thought on the greatest love of all time? Annie Dillard wrote, "How we live our days...is how we live our lives." So if we can go through our days without reflecting on eternity, is that a reflection of our lives? I know that I can often get caught up in work or the gym or just life in general and get to the end of my day and realize I haven't stopped to worship. I want to consciously make the decision to live each moment as an act of worship.
"Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God for this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform to the pattern of the world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." --Romans 12:1-2

No comments: